Saturday, June 30, 2012

A trip to the hair saloon

My hair had rather been neglected for a while because I was always too busy to get my hair fixed. Finally when the boyfie said that he needed his haircut, I decided to tag along. It was my first time to hair saloon and actually request for academia to cut my hair. Not that I do not trust their skills (actually part of it yes) but more so because I damn ego don't want to be seen as some stingy fella.

Anyways, we went to this shop at Pekaka area to get our haircuts. It is RM5 per person for wash, cut and blow dry. I added another RM5 for better shampoo (which I concluded as really unnecessary). I was assigned to a female student while boyfie to a male student.

She started to wash my hair and she took like the longest time ever to wash my hair. I think that maybe she wanted to wait for her instructor to be ready. She was extremely nervous, which got me feeling nervous as well.

When she finally done with my hair, she toweled dry it and then turned to her instructor and said, "What's next?" That two words got my stomach tangled up and I was more nervous than ever. She dare not even start to cut my hair until a female instructor came over and guided her. Thank God for instructors.

She kept messing up and got her instructor to save her and me. (Thank God again) Each time she combed my hair, my heart dropped a little. And when she cut my hair, I almost fainted. Each ticking minute was traumatizing enough for me that I wished she would say, "Ok, done!" When she was finally done, I was so excited to walk out. At least I still have my long hair (though it's way messier than before I got in) and I'm glad I did not lose an ear or eyebrow. It's not that I look down on her but because she was so nervous and slow-mo, it was killing me inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment