Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My first sign of freedom

I have officially passed my Viva which means if I do all the necessary editing, I will be graduating with my Master's Degree in April!!!!


Of all people, the boyfriend should know best how hard these whole thing was for me. I have not imagined that it will be this hard but it was a bumpy ride all along. It doesn't help that I procrastinate a lot and my attention span is almost non-existence when I was doing my thesis.

I was literally working on my work from morning till the next morning and then take a few hours sleep and wake up to continue for about 2 weeks straight before I finally submitted my work (which also resulted in super late lunch for both boyfriend and I). The weeks after that was filled with baking, resting, cleaning and selling fruits before CNY. Then CNY was filled with going out, eating and doing nothing. Then I came back to prepare for my Viva and it's officially over!

I praise Lord for everything He has done for me. Without Him, this degree is not even possible. I have always been the last person to get any scholarship and this time around, I was only late by one semester. Praise the Lord that I do not have to fork out a lot. Then I smoothly passed all my papers despite being clueless in some of it. When I registered for my dissertation, I was among the few who found a topic last minute yet had to change my supervisor and find a new topic all over again within a week as my initial supervisor had enough in her plate.

I was going one room to another to look for lecturers to adopt me and my current supervisor kindly adopted me. She took up my first topic and guided me and walked with my closely till I submit my work. I am forever grateful for her as I didn't want to be under her initially cause she seems scary. But she is a real angel at heart and if this is not God's will, I don't know what is. I mean I had my own plans but God brought me to the one He has prepared for me.

Then during my Viva, I was among the few who had it the easiest and came out the quickest. I went in and briefly (and I mean briefly) explained my dissertation. My examiner was on sabbatical so I had another very kind-hearted lecturer who sat in and read out the comments. There was no questions asked and the dean and deputy dean had no questions for me too. So I was out within like 7-8minutes? And then 2 minutes later I was called back in and the dean actually said that it was the quickest deliberation they had and gave me a PASSED!

This is truly His plan and His mighty work. With my human effort, and my human nature, I cannot have made any of those happened. All Glory to Him.

Now I'm just working on my editing to get it submitted to my lecturer by Monday. Then we can discuss if there's anything else to edit before we send it for printing and get it ready to be submitted by 12th March! Last lap!!! Got to finish it strong!

This lengthy post is to remind me of how faithful God has been in my life, throughout my Uni days. =D And No, Master's is NO JOKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment