Friday, February 8, 2013

Hiatus

It's funny how when I was rushing for my dissertation, I would blog like 2-3 times a day and right after I submit, I stopped blogging. I know I have promised to show the clothes I bought but I cleverly packed everything and brought home before I could snap any pictures. So will wear them during CNY and dolled up and then ask my sisters to snap for me.

Right after I submit my dissertation, I went home to clean my room. Reorganize everything since we had little renovation going on and changed some furniture. Then I went to SP to the boyfriend's place and 'nua' around for few days.

When we got back, we rushed to launch D'Sparkles collections and baking frenzy began. Baked German cookies and pineapple tarts. On top of that, I basically did nothing much. I did not go shopping cause my bank account was drying up. This entire week was dedicated to selling fruits in the market. 2nd year helping Daniel's aunt to sell fruits. Chinese New Year's crowd is MAD. There's so many people asking for prices, passing you their basket of fruits to weigh, pack and calculate. Some will just ask how much, or if it's good, and then complain this and that and want discounts.

Then there's sorting out the rotten fruits from the good ones and repacking them to sell and sweeping the floor. And lots of calculating. My mathematics has been put to rest for YEARS so it was really a challenge for me. Every day when we got back, we would be lying on the bed, dead exhausted. And we will take like 2 hour nap (we got up at 6.30am or latest 7am every day. Except on Thursday we overslept till 7.45am. By the time we are up it'll already be like 4pm or 5pm and soon we'll have dinner and then slack the night away or hang out with friends.

So this week has been crazy!!! I've not much going on for CNY (for now) so I expect lots of resting and checking on D'Sparkles stocks before I come back next week to prepare for my viva. Will claim this rest first before I even think about my viva.

No comments:

Post a Comment