Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Being average

If you were from my circle of friends, you would know that I'm always somewhere slightly above average or average in terms of studies. I've never been the top scorer mainly because I'm pretty lazy if I so admit it myself. I've never finished reading any of my text book until I got to Form 6. I liked Economy back then so I finished reading that book (for the first time in my life). I can walk into exam hall, reading only HALF of the whole syllabus but I looked like I've read the whole syllabus 10 times. Nobody believed me when I told them I was clueless. Mainly because I've never like failed so badly in my exams. I somehow scrape through every exam with a B. As are only for subjects that do not need lots of reading like language and Maths and Moral.

Entering university, I continued being an average students. I don't do too shabbily but lecturers don't exactly remember me for my academic achievements (not that I have other achievements to brag about).They either remember me for being very loud and noisy or other reasons but my achievements.

So imagine my joy when my own supervisor told me that she is proud of me that I pulled through with the course and dissertation. I've only had a handful of teachers who were proud of me like my English teacher (Pn. Yee whom we affectionately called her pineapple head) and...I think that's all. Some had high hopes for me but none actually felt proud of me. She told me that I was just a few marks shy from getting into the Resource Room (with a B+) and looking at how I was adopted and now I'm just few days away from getting my Master's Degree, I'm glad I made her proud.

And to hear it from my supervisor is even better cause I used to think that she is slightly scary. So I was grinning from ear to ear the moment I left her office until I bump into the boyfriend at the gate cause he cycled over to accompany me back.

I need to write this down in my blog because it's not something that you get to experience every day. I hope I made my family and the boyfriend proud as well. All Glory to our Almighty God. He has blessed me throughout my time in USM. Now it's time to venture out to the world and glorify His name (after I had my break =p)

No comments:

Post a Comment