Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Counting my blessings


Was eating my diet meal (consisting of lots of vege and some chicken breast) when my little grandmother sat beside me.

"Eh, no eat rice ar?"
"No, today eat chicken and vege"
"Why no eat rice?"
"Heee..don't want to eat rice."
"Eh, yesterday you cook that pork, very nice lo."
"Is it? You like it ar?"
"Ya...the taste just right. Sometimes when we buy outside not so nice one."
"Ya lo, this one we cook ourselves ma, so we can cook the way we want it lo."
"Ya, very nice. I eat that one only enough already."
"Like that I cook for you some more okay?"



I am going to count the little blessings every day. This is the 3rd time my grandmother praises my cooking with Thermomix.

First was Fried Bee Hoon.

Second was Sambal Dried Shrimp. My aunt told me that my grandmother keep saying it is nice.


Today she praised me of my Dark Soy Sauce Pork Belly (which really is Char Siew without garlic and shallots cause I was too lazy to marinate them the day before but she loves it !)






If you know my grandmother enough, you would know that she is a VERY (very is an understatement) fussy eater. So those who wonder can Thermomix cook what we cook daily and make it good? My answer is, it can cook EVEN BETTER! Cause it's not only tasty (approved by a fussy grandmother), it is HEALTHY with less oil and it is EXTREMELY EASY with no need of spring cleaning after cooking even after cooking Sambal Dried Shrimp which was IMPOSSIBLE before this.

Looks like I've got to cook more stuff for my grandmother with Thermomix so that she can have good meals every day. Besides, it requires little effort. Our little naughty grandmother sometimes refuse to eat cause the taste is not up to her liking. So it's a blessing for me to be able to cook for her and make sure she eats well. Motivated to cook even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment