Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Staying Positive

Taken last Sunday in the car in SP. Beautiful clouds. Came back to Penang after that to haze and rain.
At times like this, it's difficult to stay positive.
Especially when your close ones are not helping.
Lots of self-hating, self-loathing, frustration and anger.

And then I am reminded of what I told my students in Sunday School.
"Is our God BIG?"
"YES!"
"Is our God GREAT?"
"YES!"
"Is there anything our God can't do?"
"NO!"
"Can God help us with our problems?"
"YES!"
"What must we do when we face problems or difficulties?"
"PRAY! TALK TO GOD!"

Yet here I am, trying to do all things MYSELF, relying on my own human strength.
Of course God works in wonderful ways, ways we never imagine or even thought of.
He may not work the way we expect Him to work but His plans never to destroy us.
I can only do so much myself, but with Him, I know He will bring me to where He wants me to be.
Need to stop being a hypocrite. Telling my kids how wonderful God is and yet I myself struggle to understand this simple thing that God wants us to do.

Our God is a GREAT, BIG GOD who created all things wonderful. Just look at the clouds!
He who can create all wonderful and powerful things can help me.
And He who creates the sharks, the crocodiles, the beautiful clouds, sunset, sunrise,
all types of fish, birds, animals, the sea and the land, the ENTIRE UNIVERSE from NOTHING
is willing to walk alongside with me, guiding me. 
God who is willing to go BEFORE me and bring me with Him will never fail me.


ps: A good and very comforting article
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/5-lies-every-twentysomething-needs-stop-believing

No comments:

Post a Comment