Wednesday, January 23, 2013

CNY Clothes Shopping For Plus Sized

Shopping can be hard for plus size women. I myself has gradually moved back to the state where it's quite hard to get nice clothes from the mall. I vow to get it back down soonest okay? But I still enjoy my fair bit of shopping with some shops and also online shopping sites. I've tried a few shops and the quality is great and the price is reasonable so I'm gonna share here.

My CNY shopping haul. Hope you find it useful and can get some CNY clothes yourself. =)


Aishop sells good quality clothes that looks nice even on plus sized girls. At first I find the price a little steep for me since I'm not working so I chose only one dress and one pants and bought two lace camisoles for my sister. But when I received the items, THE QUALITY IS SO GOOD!!! I pay for RM70-80 I expect a quality that is worth that price. And they are!!

Cucucamber's stuff sold off QUICK. But now that she produces her own brand, she has more stocks in hand. Her price can be rather steep at times (again because I'm an unemployed student) but I've bought some clothes at RM30-ish from her and the quality is AWESOME! So good that I'm always seen wearing those few dresses. I love her coloured jeggings which are SUPER comfortable and she has lots of sizes, sizes up to 5xl. So you don't have to worry not be able to get the size you need.

Jessabella's clothes are a mix of I-HAVE-TO-HAVE-IT and NAH-NOT-GONNA-BE-SEEN-WEARING-IT. I think she has a very wide range of items and her quality is commendable. Not always top notch but rarely disappoints. Her price is also between a GOOD-BUY and a OK-BUY range.

Tesco. YES, you heard me right. Tesco. Tesco has been my go-to place to shop for clothes because honestly, there are some good finds there (especially plain singlets or tops). And they are not like RM5 cheap okay? There are dresses that can easily cost RM59. Of course there's a possibility that you may wear the same clothes as MANY other people who frequent Tesco. =)

FOS may not have the cheapest clothes (despite being rejected branded items =P) but you can sometimes find nice clothes there. Only if you can pay for the nice price tag as well. But I think RM50 for a decent dress is reasonable.


For those who love branded stuff, try Esprit. I am a size 14-16 and I could fit some of their tops and they are super comfy. But I'm again unemployed so I didn't get any from the shop. I cannot imagine asking my sister to pay RM60 for a t-shirt for me or RM200 for a blouse. But do it's extremely comfy that you'll just unconciously smile when you are wearing it. Serious! Check them out this CNY season as they have quite nice ones with nice price tag.

Shoes:-
 Payless (1st Avenue)
I have huge feet. Size 8.5. Used to think that I'm size 8 but I think I've increased by 0.5. But no worries, if you are from Penang, drop by Payless at 1st Avenue. They display ALL their shoes of ALL sizes so there's no need to feel embarrassed to tell the salesman or saleslady you need a size 8.5. You can try as many shoes as you like and just put them back after that. The price is towards the higher end (about RM50-RM100) but for someone who cannot find shoes elsewhere, it's a great place to look for nice heels.

Brands Outlet
You can get clothes and shoes from Brands Outlet as well although the clothes is maximum size 14-16 depending on the cutting. I can fit some of their XL clothes. Shoes again are on display with all the sizes so go and try them on! Price is okay-ish which is about RM70 for two or RM80 for two. However, the shoes are not of EXCELLENT quality so bear in mind to get shoes that may spoil easily. And comfortable level is slightly lower as well.

Padini sells shoes of bigger size as well and there's always this discount cart with shoes as low as RM15. However, the comfort level is not very high. So do bear in mind that you may get shoes that hurt your feet. =P


Okay, enough of talking. Next up will be pictures of me in all my purchases and also the shops I bought them from!!!

With all these shops for plus size women, do look hard for good buys. Do not settle for the one that you can fit. Cause more often than not, it'll end up in the Give-Away basket when the following spring cleaning comes. Been there, DONE A LOT of that.

I might be going to Dorothy Perkins to look for a pair of jeans. Will blog about it if I get anything from there. No point telling you how good these things are if I don't try it myself.


ps: I WAS NOT PAID FOR ANY OF THESE OKAY? In fact I had to pay for them myself. (With postage some more, see, no free gift also. =P Ok la, in Aishop postage is free if you buy above RM150 heee)

No comments:

Post a Comment