Sunday, February 3, 2008

I think she's from New Zealand

I was having dinner at one of the eateries in Penang. Not going to mention cause there's like what? Thousands of eateries in Penang, you don't have to go there to eat. Not like its famous or what. Dad was there and we decided to go have dinner with him. That's all.

Anyway, there's this little entertainment where there's a stage and several girls will come out to perform.First out was this lady who sang canto songs but was just alright. Then another one who sings with her back facing the audience and finally one aunty who went up to sing. Really all age group, all types of songs, attracting all types of people but me.

I thought that aunty was like the hit already because I've never seen an aunty singing on those stage. Usually the aunties will be sitting at the stage front, supporting, not singing. Not like that aunty sang like angel la.

The one that got me laughing was a lady who came out to sing English song. No, she did not sing like "Make a wis, Make a wis" or "Happy Bersday to you". She is totally in correct pronuntiation and clear one too. She did something even better. Something I've never heard before. She changed the lyric. Not like she doesn't know how to pronounce or what. She actually changed the MONTH!!

Here's a real lyrics from this song called "Sealed With A Kiss"


I'll see you in the sunlight
I'll hear your voice everywhere
I'll run to tenderly hold you
But darling you won't be there
I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer
Knowing the love we'll miss
Oh let us make a pledge to meet in September
And seal it with a kiss
Hers I think was the New Zealand version la. Cause she sang December instead of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment