Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Victoria Rossa with my girls

Before I got to this place, I have seen people taking nice photos and talking about it. Both my sisters been there but there were mixed response. My eldest sister simply loves it (just as how she loves everything English) while my second sister said there wasn't really much to shout about. She commented on the how the owner weren't exactly the friendliest one.

So when June recommended this place for our gathering since the girls are coming back from all over the world (like KL and Singapore haha) for the election, we said YES! Girls and hi-tea goes well eh?

June later told us that the owner said the private room can only fit 8 people and thus our big group of 12 will have to sit separately with 4 more sitting outside. It was absurd. Why would we want to go there together and then sit separately? We are not some rich tai-tais with 4 maids okay? We decided to still go and see what we can do. They also set a minimum of two sets of hi-tea since there were so many of us. Plenty of rules. =x Some were already having bad impression of the place.

I was the first to reach but was requested to sit at an empty table first as the customers in the room have not left. I don't mind one bit. What I mind though was how tiny their sign board is. It is so easily to missed it. I had to walk right up the door to know that I was at the right place.

Loved the wallpaper
And the chair
And the salt and pepper shaker.
We also presented Jen Jen her present.

We got the two sets of hi-tea to share among all of us and I ordered a juice as I am not a tea person. This one has a bitter after taste. Wasn't bad but wasn't anything great either. RM9 for a small bottle like this.

Petite knife and fork.
Our 4 pots of tea.

The three tier hi-tea set. If I still remember, the tart was just sweet, the cakes were just sweet. I like the scones though. Sandwich is just normal. But the scones is really good. Warm and soft

I'm a little tea pot, short and stout. =P
Me and the hi-tea set.

Then the girls surprised us with a cake. Mine was long over-due while Jen's was super early. I was surprised cause I thought it was only for Jen. ^^ Happy me. Hi cake with my name.
And then we started taking pictures. Since we paid so much for the food, we deserve some of these okay?




We also ordered the Chicken Pie and the Salmon. The chicken pie was alright at RM18 but the salmon was crazy overpriced. Such a small serving at RM30. I wouldn't order that if I ever go there again.

Another thing that I would like to comment on this place was that they only allowed us to refill our tea ONCE. And it's not like we only shared 4 pots of tea. We ordered extra pot with 4 other juices. Only Diana and her boyfriend shared a pot. The rest of us had one drink of our own. So it's quite absurd to tell us that we can only refill once.

I heard from someone saying that the owner said something about wanting customers who can appreciate tea and perhaps if we refill again, there won't be much taste left. But then again, how many really knows how to appreciate tea? And they don't give you extra cups. I don't know if I would go back there again (cause I like the scones) but I'll probably find scones somewhere else. Definitely won't go there with the boyfriend. He has problems with bad customer service. =P

One thing to note though, they did not scold us for making too much noise. And 10 girls and 1 boy sure make lots of noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment