Thursday, August 2, 2012

Malaysian Style Ice-Pop

Got the ice-pop bag from Tesco at RM3.90 for 100 pieces or 300 pieces, can't remember. Anyway, I decided to do the old school flavour this time around cause I have the ingredients with me. This was done about 2-3 weeks ago and we finished all 12 of it yesterday.

It is extremely easy and fun to do.

Milo Flavour
Make milo just like how you like it, with sugar or with milk (you need this cause ice pops are supposed to be sweet) =P If you are going the healthy way then you can omit this. Then just pour the milo into a bottle and insert Milo into the plastic bags. Freeze for a few hours or a day and then you can have yummy ice pops tomorrow.

Assam Buey Flavour
I love my assam buey (plum) ice-cream and ice pops. Love the sweet and soury taste. I tried to search online on how to do it but I didn't find any recipes. So perhaps I'll put mine up.

I bought some assam for my tomato plum + pineapple blended juice some time back so I just use the same assam.

Ingredients
6-10 pieces of assam (lesser if your assam is more sour or salty)
2 pieces of rock sugar
100ml water

1. Boil the water. Add in rock sugar and stir them till they are dissolve.
2. Add assam into the water and stir the liquid over fire. This is to ensure that the flavour of assam gets into the water.
3. Let the liquid cool down and pour into the plastic.
4. Freeze the ice pops.


The boyfie and I enjoying our popsicles. =)

2 comments:

  1. I love asam ice pops too! I remember crazy for it when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not easy to find them now in the shops and making it is quite fun too. Don't mind doing it some more since I have plenty of the ice pop bag left. But will have to rest a bit. =P lots of sugar. You can try too..Don't have to put in ice-pop bag, you can do it in Popsicle style if you can get the ice-cream mould in daiso. =)

    ReplyDelete