Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reasons I'm broke

If you are my friend or you read my Facebook status, you would have known that I was so broke I had to leech on my friend's refillable juices (which in the end another friend offered me her glass since she can share with her other half) and refillable chips on our night out.

#1 reason is that the boyfriend and I just invested on a new camera.
If you know me in person, you would have heard about my story on how I lost my camera. It just slipped off my lap and I didn't notice till I'm home. I was too excited to find a parking spot to notice that I dropped my camera. So, I was camera-less for about 3 months before I decided that I cannot continue to grief for my camera for another year. So we went scouting for a good camera but to no avail. God must have seen us so miserable and sent a friend who was promoting a 2nd hand Lumix GF3 at RM1.2k for her another friend. Saw the status update on Thursday, arranged for meet up on Friday and parted with our RM1.2k for the camera. People have been telling us that we made a good choice so fingers crossed.



#2 student kept canceling my class
My student is done with his exam and has cancelled two weeks of class for holiday. Hopefully he won't  cancel yet another class so that I can earn some money. I did enjoy my two week break to go exercise and have proper breakfast in the morning though.

#3 too many people having birthday on the same month and the month after
Been buying presents and going out for makan way too often for this poor student. Besides, friends are all working now and they don't feel the pinch as much as I do. I guess sometimes it sucks to be a student.

However, through this, I've been blessed too and I shall rejoice!!

blessing #1 got a part time job
The boyfriend and I got some event job going on for 3 days (not consecutively) and will be paid RM75 with lunch. I think it's quite good an offer and I look forward to that experience. Asked three other friends to join me and am looking forward to it. Will probably work some more if the guy needs us cause RM75 is pretty good.

blessing #2 our new camera is love!
We did not get cheated by Tesco for a lesser camera cause I insisted on going to Starbucks in SP to leech on their line and do some research before buying anything. Turns out, the normal price stated on the brochure was probably the price when it was released. They forgot to mention that the price of the camera has since dropped RM500 (the exact amount they said they are giving a discount).

blessing #3 awesome friends who shared drinks and family who don't mind treating us
We've been blessed with great friends who loves us despite us being poor =P You know your friends are awesome when they don't run away embarrassed by you. And the familia (both the boyfriend's and mine) has been treating us with good food. That being said, we are saving by cooking at home and less eat outs. Luckily anniversary is still about 2 months away so we can save a little. When I updated my status on my Facebook that I'm so broke, I even had a friend who said she won't mind having me over for dinner. I am such a well-loved leech.

blessing #4 just by having one another
Cause we can be at home, doing our stuff (him playing his batman game and I blogging or reading) and still have a good time, laughing at one another. Although that being said, a bowl of Blackball will be very much welcomed. We make each other laugh for no apparent reason which is why I love him so much. And also cause he cooks breakfast and supper. I do lunch and dinner and even tea but not breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment