Monday, July 23, 2012

Korean Pancake - Pa Jun

As I cooked the stew and do not want to overpower the taste of the stew with other main dishes, I decided to go all Korean and googled for Korean pancake recipe. I needed a fast dish as the boyfie is coming back and I still need another dish to make it presentable on the table (some freak who cannot just eat stew and rice cause she wants to impress the boyfie). Anyways, I hurriedly googled for Korean Pancake and decided to make a carrot one as I do not have any scallion (scallion pancake are one of the famous Korean Pancake).

Got my recipe from http://koreanfood.about.com/od/vegetarianrecipes/r/Scallionpancake.htm
  • 2 cups flour (I anyhow used wheat flour and anyhow estimated my two cups)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1.5 cups water (I added water until I feel it is watery enough)
  • 1 bunch of scallions, halved and cut into 2-3 inch lengths (I replaced this with carrots)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Oil for cooking

Preparation:

  1. Mix all ingredients together and let sit for about 10 minutes. Check consistency before cooking – batter should be a little bit runnier than American pancake batter, so that the Pa Jun cooks quickly and evenly.

  2. Heat a saute pan over medium heat and coat with a thin layer of oil.

  3. Pour batter to fill pan in a thin layer (about 1/3 of your batter should fill a regular saute pan).

  4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until set and golden brown on bottom.

  5. Turn over with help of spatula or plate (or flip it in the air if you are good at that) and finish by cooking 1-2 more minutes, adding more oil if necessary.

  6. Serve with soy or spicy dipping sauce.
Extremely easy and the boyfie loves it. So another day accomplished with boyfie rubbing his tummy in satisfaction. And I loveeee my Korean fix. This Korean Pancake will be a hit from now on when I need some snacks.

2 comments:

  1. u r welcome..u will never run out of something simple yet yummy to eat ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete