Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tips to prepare easy meals

I am always cooking for myself in the afternoon and for the boyfie and I for dinner. It is not easy to cook wide array of food choices when there are only the two of you so I usually cook more to be kept for the boyfie's lunch to work the next day. Anyway, from my cooking experiences, the easiest are:-

1 person
1. Soup with noodles.
You can cook soup enough to last for dinner or just simple minced meat with vege soup. It is so much healthier than cooking instant noodle all the time and yet is is as easy as instant noodle. Just make sure you have supply of minced meat or chicken breast (healthier) in the fridge and some vegetable. Usually I will just cook the soup enough to serve as a dish for dinner as well to save time. Also always keep a variety of noodles (dried ones) in the storage. For minced meat soup, add in tong chai (a type of preserved vegetable) - as per picture, it makes a whole lot difference.

2. Fried rice
If you have leftover rice, simply fry the rice with anchovies (another great item to keep), prawns, vegetables and egg. Add in some onions and garlic. It makes the fried rice more fragrant. If you do not have prawns, it is okay as anchovies are great too. You can add pork or other meat other too. I've been having lots of fried rice too.

3. Sandwich
Bread, lettuce, tomatoes, tuna or eggs and you are good to go. Always my favourite healthy quick fix when I have bread supply. I rarely have bread supply though so lots of noodle soup and fried rice for me. Sandwich can never go wrong. Drop a dallop of mayonnaise into your tuna! Less healthy but so much more yummy. Also keep a bottle of mustard if you like mustard. AWESOME!

4. Porridge
Other than fried rice, when you are VERY lazy, just add some water into the rice and boil it to make porridge. Add in vegetables and minced meat. Add soy sauce and pepper to taste as well. But it is soooo extremely easy, not making healthy lunch is not an excuse.

So for healthier meals, do keep supply of fresh food like meat and vegetables! Usually for easy dishes for two, I will upload the recipe as well but these ones I don't. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment