Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday ramblings

Was browsing the sheets of songs that was given to me to prepare for worship leading with the kids this coming Sunday. I have always have soft spots for worship songs in Malay language because I believe that kids nowadays especially the kids in my Sunday school are not exposed enough to Malay language. Coming from a national school and mixing with my fellow Malay friends, I hold strongly in me that kids should be given a chance to mingle with our majority neighbours and know them for who they are and not based on their religion/race. At the end of the day, it is always problem with individuals, regardless of their religion or race and I want to expose my students to Malay language and not just treat it as just another language they cannot seem to master.

Besides, all these worship songs brings back beautiful memories like those I carved in Camp Cameron 2010 and NC 2011. The only time I sing a lot of Malay language worship songs were when I was in those two camps and PKA events.

Satu Suara

Lyrics
VERSE
Bapa kami pinta dari mu
Pulihkan Negara ku
Satukan umat mu di Negara ku Malaysia
Agar kemuliaan Mu terpancar dari kami
Supaya dunia melihat kami satu di dalam Engkau
CHORUS
Satukan kami dalam kasih Yesus
Satukan kami dalam kemuliaan mu
Pulihkan geraja ku agar perubahan
Terjadi sekarang ini di Malaysia
VERSE
Sekaranglah waktunya untuk kau and aku bersatu
Untuk pemulihan Negara kita Malaysia
Supaya dunia tahu gereja Mu bersatu
Satu di dalam kasih Kristus
Satu di dalam Engkau
BRIDGE
Sempurnalah sukacita di dalam kami
Sehati sefikir sekata seia
Dalam kasih Kristus

Beautiful song. When I sang it in NC 2011, I had passion for Malaysia, I sang it with heart knowing that Malaysia is my earthly home and God will work wonders in Malaysia. Singing it now in 2012 in my room, I still hold on and claim that promise.
Bapa yang Kekal

Kasih yang sempurna
Telah kut’rima dariMu
Bukan kar’na kebaikanku
Hanya oleh kasih karuniaMu
Kau pulihkan aku, layakkanku
Tuk dapat memanggilMu, Bapa

Reff:
Kau b’ri yang kupinta
Saat kumencari kumendapatkan
Kuketuk pintuMu dan Kau bukakan
S’bab Kau Bapaku, Bapa yang kekal

Tak kan Kau biarkan
Aku melangkah hanya sendirian
Kau selalu ada bagiku
S’bab Kau bapaku
Bapa yang kekal.

This song reminds me of my encounter with God in Camp Cam.. Love this song ever since. Haven't been singing this for a longgg time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment