Friday, September 21, 2012

Bii, what's your dream house?

We have been discussing these on and off for a while now not because we are going to get married or we strike jackpot and have lots of money. We just enjoy having conversations about our future every now and then.

So I asked him what is the MOST important area in the house and we both agree that the room and the kitchen are the most important ones. We both enjoy cooking and experimenting in the kitchen so a good sized kitchen is very important for us.

So we decided to list out what we wish to have in our future home.

For me, I need:-
- Spacious kitchen, lots of cupboards to organize my things in the kitchen
- Good quality kitchenware and electronics like fridge, oven, etc.
- 3 bedrooms, one for us, one for work and one for guest (until a child comes along).
- Room for work is for me and him so we need to have our own corners to do things we enjoy.
- Space for gardening
- Bookshelves for our books!
- I am fine with apartments

Him
- Spacious kitchen and good quality kitchenware.
- HUGE television and sound system
- Place for gardening
- Preferably landed.

You see, I was born and raised in Penang and living in apartments or flats all my life. So I am okay with it especially since we will get swimming pools etc.

However, the boyfriend was born and raised in Sungai Petani, living in landed house all his life so he thinks that we need space for kids to run about and also place to do gardening etc.

We have not come to a consensus for that as property in Penang is ridiculous and we still do not know what's God's plan for us. But all in all, we compromise one another's wants and needs and I believe where ever it is, it will be a great home. I started following blogs of people who do DIY for their houses. I am not as talented but I can use some of the easy tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment