Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DIY Recipe File

I have always wanted to have my own personalized recipe book. But having recipe book means lots of pasting, writing and cutting. And this project was held back long enough because I was just too lazy to do anything about it.

Anyways, about few weeks back (or was it a month back), we celebrated the 121st Anniversary at our church. Through the games we played, our table won some goodies which includes this A5 ring file. My mother, eldest sister and grandmother do not need this A5 ring file and I have Daniel's with me so I have altogether 5 ring files. So what do I do with these ring files since it is A5 size?

I decided to make a recipe file!

The free file given to us
Basically it's a white file so it looks rather stylish on its own but what's the use of a pretty looking file if you don't use it right? Went around trying to look for A5 file plastic inserts but they don't seem to exist. I couldn't find it in Daiso, Tesco, Jusco, or even Popular. In the end, we just went to Tesco to grab these clear plastic at the plastic corner. RM6.90 for 500gm.

Clear plastic 6" by 9"

This is the size to fit an A5 paper
Glad I resort to this because #1 it's MUCHHH cheaper and #2 it works just as well.

Next up, how to decorate it? If you know me well enough, I do not have any craft or artistic genes in me. The boyfriend has a plenty so let's just pray hard that my future kids will inherit those and not my lousy genes of procrastination and laziness okay? They can inherit my friendliness and my bubbliness.

Paper, my pretty in green penknife and my Floral Sharpie marker set.
See, my Floral Sharpie is useful now. =P Bugged the boyfriend to let me buy a set cause it's pretty pastel colors!!!

Swatches of the markers. Pretty right? I'm so awesome I have pastel color markers.

My writing and my deco looks like work of an 11 year old but it's okay. I don't want to steal my boyfriend's limelight of being the artistic one now do I? =P #actlikeverygenerous Who cares? It's in pastel colors!!! #divertattention

Inserted my recipes into the clear plastics, punched two holes and now I can has a recipe file too!!! Of course I will eventually outgrow the file and buy a proper one but for now, this is good enough.

At least I am creative enough to think about using the clear plastic. My idea okay? #notsogenerousafterall.

Ok, so this is my amateurish attempt to be a DIY blogger. At least I tried. =P

If you are interested to start your own recipe file, you can email me at pinkyblue88[at]gmail[dot]com for the file and some clear plastics to get you started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment