Thursday, September 27, 2012

Do not give false advertising

So some time ago, I spotted a company page that was having this promotion that the first 100 people to like their page will be given a RM5 McD voucher. McD is just outside of my window because we stay in an apartment behind McD. T_T FML every day smell McD damn tempting. Anyways, so we were the first 100 people.

So we waited and waited for our vouchers. It didn't come. So I commented on Facebook telling them that I have not received any request for address or whatsoever. Then they replied that they did send out emails to everyone but did not get any response from a couple of us. So fair enough, we decided to message them on Facebook with our address. Then...jeng jeng jeng...Few weeks later, there's another contest. You just have to share their page and they will select a few winners and the winners will get RM10 vouchers. I am damn cheapskate I quickly joined. The boyfriend joined too.

And we won. Damn power. So we waited for our vouchers excitedly. Nothing came. So I messaged them again, just to check the status.

1 month later, I messaged them again. GUARANTEE me will send okay? So I waited. Another month gone by, nothing came in the mail. So we directly posted on their page. They only replied on the 20th September because we posted up a comment on their page. Comment will be shown below later. Anyways, they confirmed that they have sent. But I didn't receive anything in the mail. I began to doubt my own ability to type my own address and also the integrity of the postman. The postman stole my vouchers ah? Damn bad lo, make me doubt the company. tsk tsk tsk.


Aiseh, blame the courier company. Then say nevermind, I very generous, I send you a new one. So I thought, not bad leh, supposed to give me one only, mine got lost in the process still issue me a new one. I likey.
The boyfriend's post not as polite. Boyfriend is a bit harsh like that.

Anyway, after I sent these two comments, as mentioned above, they replied on 20th September saying that they have sent again but I didn't get anything in the mail. So I messaged them again to respond to their message saying that I did not get anything and I wanted to double check the address just in case they got it wrong. I damn naive okay? I really believe them one. But I got fed up already and tell them don't have to send me anymore. No point if the postman or whoever gonna keep stealing it right? Then they say will get back to me. So the waiting game began again.

Then I itchy hand, go and browse their page, saw a few other winners and decided to ask them personally through Facebook message. It seems that 2 other people did not get it either and they felt cheated but decided not to ask for it anymore thinking that everyone else has gotten theirs. I am not sure what happened in between. Either the clerk doesn't know that sending out letters or parcel needs stamp, or there are too many people that they lost count of the amount of vouchers they sent or somehow our postman and the two girls' postman stole our vouchers or something. But I still felt cheated. I mean if there's no more voucher, don't keep us waiting like this. I'm just waiting to see if the vouchers are ever gonna reach us. I am cheapskate, I admit it. I think it'll be a treat to have Starbucks and McD with the vouchers but I still have to top up money what. But still, it's the trust. I trusted you and even doubted the poor postman okay?

Will update if there's any "good news". Will definitely clear their name once this is cleared out.

 ********************
Updated: Two more people has confirmed that they have not gotten their vouchers too. FTL cause their "postman" stole their vouchers too.

The Starbucks one, only 10 people are selected. I'm sure 10 people, they couldn't have gotten those mixed up right? Oh well..we shall wait.


UPDATED ON  2ND OCTOBER

We'll wait for the vouchers in 1-2 weeks time and will update again. But for now, glad that they actually look into the matter and clarified with me. ^^ So we'll see what's the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment