Saturday, September 8, 2012

Eggless Pancake

I sometimes wake up to a boyfriend who has been waiting for me (he wakes up at 7.30am. It is not healthy =P) to decide what to have for breakfast. Sometimes he will make oats or cereals but occasionally, he would give me his puppy eyes look and ask for pancake. Pancake request comes during breakfast or even tea time. I would oblige since it is a once in a while treat for him.

However, what happens when the boyfriend ask for pancake and I realized there is no more eggs left? I whip out my iPad (like I can keep them in my pocket right?) and google for eggless pancakes. Thank God for people with the same problem. I don't have to tell the boyfriend the sad news. I shall share the recipe here though you can find it in cooks.com

FLUFFY EGGLESS PANCAKES

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter
Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly. Add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix - it should still be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. While pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter.
Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
When pan is hot, with a measuring cup or ladle, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake.
Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Carefully flip pancakes with turner/spatula and cook until golden brown.
Note: This recipe also works well with whole wheat flour. Chopped fruit, nuts or chocolate chips can be added to batter before cooking for a unique treat.

Thank you Dawn Linke for this AWESOME recipe and thank God for people with same problem and has the heart to share. 

No eggs? It's okay!
 

And the best thing is that the boyfriend told me I am a superwoman because I managed to make him pancake though I lack ingredients. So the next time you realized you lack ingredients, google. Someone out there may have had the same experience and share their alternative recipes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment