Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Treat others how you want to be treated

I'm sure all of us wants people to be nice to us, to be friendly, to be honest, to be kind, to lend a helping hand, to be caring and all the good things. Unless of course you prefer people to be rude to you, to lie to you, to be selfish then I think you are in a whole new level all together.

So, I was working at this place last year until end of May. It wasn't the nicest place to work at but it was okay in the beginning cause I always have cute students to entertain me. However, by the 3rd month, I knew this is the place I will only work for 1 year until my contract ends. I did not have any passion or desire to go on because some students are really monsters (but wayyyyy better than Sandra's), the boss aren't exactly helpful and honestly, the workload is way too much for the pay I got.

Anyways, throughout the whole working period, I've heard stuff about my boss, about how he treated the other staffs. I was pretty okay with him since he did not do what he did to them to me. So I just kept quiet and lent an ear to them and comfort them. One thing I didn't like was how I was asked to take up more than what I should, like combining two classes into mine without any helper and they are of different levels (never gonna send my kids to this place man).

So about 3 months after I stopped, I heard stories from my ex-colleague about how my ex-boss decided one day to only pay them half the salary for that month because the business wasn't good. I didn't know that the ASSISTANT teachers (we are assistants but we take up classes on our own, I am not sure how he define teachers) and clerks are responsible for bringing in new customers. I mean if I go to work, I did my job, I deserve to be paid, no? Am I missing anything here? It is bad enough that he only banks in cheque on the 5th of the following month, and the cheque will float for 3 days so technically, you only receive your salary on the 8th instead of 7th. But he has banked in, so...

Anyways, 3 months later (he owed them half of the salary of the 2nd month after I left), he has yet to pay them their salary with the excuse that the company is holding back the salary so that staff do not run away. WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS? I work, I get paid. If others gonna run, it's their problem. Why is it that I have to be responsible for what others do? Like how if others kept coming late to work and taking MC or just not turn up, I get my whole attendance allowance deducted because I applied for unpaid leave? You can jolly well deduct my salary based on the days I applied for leave but not the entire attendance allowance APART from my salary. Cause you approved my leave!! Damn nonsense right? Reason? Because other staff has been doing it quite often and it's a warning. FREAKING WARN THEM LA, WHY WARN THEM ON MY EXPENSE?

Ok, sorry for being so angry. I just find his excuse unacceptable. So now my ex-colleague is fed up with the boss and the work place and decided to resign by this week. She did not give a month's notice and the boss insist that she has to pay the company one month salary if she leaves. Fair enough since she should have given the one month notice. But he continued by saying that the girl has bad attitude because she didn't think of the company. If you want people to be loyal to your company and work for you, pay people for what's their worth. If you do not care for your staff, how you expect them to do likewise? I'm baffled by your excuses and logic.


No comments:

Post a Comment