Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wrong Emphasis

I was stopped by the librarian today for not following the dress code and wearing a knee length skirt. We are supposed to wear skirts below knee length, even for our convocation. So everyone looks like dumpling in our convocation.

Wore something like that cause I can finally wear knee length skirts instead of maxi skirts.
The last time I got stopped by a librarian because my sleeve was too short. I was wearing a t-shirt. I don't know how much longer she wants my sleeve to be.

Why put so much emphasis on things like this when the essential part of a library cannot be fulfilled? You lack lots of books related to the subjects in your university (like language and sociolinguistics), your system is always down and your librarian (some) doesn't know how to access the system except for the EXACT same method you printed on a paper. Remembered going to the librarian for help to search for dissertation. And all they said was, "There got guidelines, just follow like that." We said it won't show any result. And they dare to say, "Is it? But we only know how to do it like this." And they are in charge of the thesis section. T_T  If they are in charge of that section, don't they have any trainings to know how to guide students? Apart from that printed paper? Though we later on met someone who is really doing her job and knows what she is doing.

It seems like they put emphasis on things that are more minute and overlook the bigger picture.

And he asked me to go back, change and come back. It's 2pm for goodness sake. If it's not for the plenty of tables and air-cond, I wouldn't want to step in here to meet my friends. -.-" Not like you have books for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment